

The moment Charles dreaded has arrived.
Charles III waited 70 years to become King. He grew up outshined by his formidable mother Queen Elizabeth II, and progressively, also, under the shadow of the growing, relentless scandals involving his young brother Andrew.
After the wait was over, and Charles finally rose to the throne, a considerable amount of his time was dedicated to managing the lifetime of alleged criminal behavior from Andrew, and keeping it from destroying the Monarchy.
So far, Charles has been able to do that, but not without a hefty cost – financial and emotional.
Today (19), this cost rose to the max, as the King had to release a statement about his brother’s arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office, saying ‘the law must take its course’.

“I have learned with the deepest concern the news regarding Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and the allegations of misconduct in public office. A full, fair, and proper process must now take place, in which this matter will be properly investigated by the appropriate authorities. As I have said before, they have our full and sincere support and cooperation in this. Let me be clear: the law must take its course. While this process continues, it would be inappropriate for me to comment further on this matter. In the meantime, my family and I will continue to carry out our duty and service to all of you.”
Euronews reported:
“Britain’s King Charles III says the ‘law must take its course’ and that police have his full support following the arrest of his brother Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor on Thursday over suspicion of misconduct in public office.
His detention is thought to be related to his time as a UK trade envoy between 2001 and 2011, and comes after US authorities published thousands of emails related to disgraced financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
Police can hold the former prince for a maximum of 96 hours with permission from senior officers and a magistrates’ court.”

“A few hours later, King Charles stayed silent however when questioned by reporters as he arrived at the opening of London Fashion Week.”
GB News’ National Reporter Jack Carson speaks live from Sandringham, following the arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and the subsequent reaction from the King. pic.twitter.com/z99ftCHiRI
— GB News (@GBNEWS) February 19, 2026
UPDATE:
JUST IN – Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor is released from police custody after almost 12 hours — Sky pic.twitter.com/Qz7Ubuuoa1
— Disclose.tv (@disclosetv) February 19, 2026
Andrew is under criminal investigation, and is expected to be prosecuted.
Read more:
BREAKING: Disgraced Former Prince Andrew ARRESTED on His 66th Birthday Over Epstein Scandal
The post ‘The Law Must Take Its Course’: British King Charles Reacts to the Arrest of Younger Brother Andrew for ‘Suspicion of Misconduct in Public Office’ Over His Epstein Ties appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.
