The Department of Justice under Biden claimed they had proof that “government records were likely concealed and removed” from the Mar-a-Lago storage room in an effort to “obstruct the government’s investigation” into former President Donald Trump, according to a court filing on Tuesday night.
The Biden Justice Department submitted its opposition to President Trump’s suit demanding a special master be appointed to review documents taken in the FBI raid on his Palm Beach, Florida home, Mar-a-Lago, on August 8. Included in the response was a staged photo of ‘classified’ documents laid out on a carpet next to a storage box with a framed Time Magazine cover, The Gateway Pundit previously reported.
The documents are spread out on the carpet all facing the same way to the camera. Several documents have been whited out, while others have classified markings including Secret//SCI, HCS and Top Secret//SCI. The HCS marking stands for ‘HUMINT Control System’, indicating human-sourced intelligence.
According to the DOJ, in compliance with the subpoena, Trump’s legal counsel has handed over a “limited number of documents,” accompanied by a certification stating that all responsive documents were produced after an extensive search.
“Through further investigation, the FBI uncovered multiple sources of evidence indicating that the response to the May 11 grand jury subpoena was incomplete and that classified documents remained at the Premises, notwithstanding the sworn certification made to the government on June 3,” Justice Department said in a court filing.
“In particular, the government developed evidence that a search limited to the Storage Room would not have uncovered all the classified documents at the Premises. The government also developed evidence that government records were likely concealed and removed from the Storage Room and that efforts were likely taken to obstruct the government’s investigation,” DOJ added.
During the unprecedented raid on August 8, Biden’s FBI “seized 33 boxes, containers, or items of evidence containing more than a hundred classified records, including information classified at the highest levels,” according to the filing.
More from Wall Street Journal:
A court filing late Tuesday objecting to Mr. Trump’s proposal that the seized documents be vetted by a third-party arbiter laid out the government’s most detailed timeline yet of the events that led to the unprecedented search of the premises, in which investigators said they found records in places other than the storage room where Mr. Trump’s lawyers had assured them all were held.
The 36-page document underscored the urgency with which the Justice Department believed it needed to secure the classified material after Mr. Trump’s team failed to relinquish all of it during several less invasive attempts to retrieve it earlier this year.
Those steps included a grand jury subpoena issued to Mr. Trump’s team in May seeking all classified documents from the premises.
According to the government’s filing, a representative of Mr. Trump handed over an accordion folder of documents when FBI agents visited the Palm Beach property on June 3. Another representative then attested in writing that the team had supplied “any and all documents that are responsive to the subpoena,” according to the filing.
Further investigation showed that not to be the case, the Justice Department said.
The filing concluded that “For the foregoing reasons, the Court should deny Plaintiff’s Motion for Judicial Oversight (D.E. 1) and decline to require the return of seized items, enjoin further review of seized materials, or appoint a special master.”
This is a criminal regime attacking the former president.
They are obviously concerned that President Trump is still holding damning documents, likely implicating the DOJ and FBI in criminal activity.
As The Gateway Pundit previously reported, several top Trump associates believe the DOJ was going after Crossfire Hurricane documents that indict the DOJ in criminal acts in spying on candidate and President Donald Trump.
HUGE DEVELOPMENT: Report Alleges FBI “Had Personal Stake” in Mar-a-Lago Raid – Agents Were After Spygate Documents Trump Was Holding That Likely Implicated FBI
Could this be possible? We will find out.
Read the court filing below:
Biden Justice Department’s … by Jim Hoft
The post Latest DOJ Leak to Compliant Media: Biden DOJ Says Classified Documents Likely ‘Concealed and Removed’ at Mar-a-Lago — They Sound Panicked, Did Trump Get Them? appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.